Lifestyle Director Purpose: Responsible for planning and organizing group activities and events to meet the social and intellectual needs of an all age’s upscale residential community.
Skills/Qualifications: Meeting Goals, Motivation of the residents, Presentation Skills, Building Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, Negotiation of Vendor Agreements, Results Driven, Planning, and a Team Attitude. Must be able to effectively communicate available programs to residents by creating promotional advertisements and flyers in Microsoft Office Suite, and encourage participation through various outlets like email, monthly newsletters, message boards, grass roots efforts and company web site. Must be a natural people person and enjoy thinking outside the box.
- Minimum 3-5 years event planning experience or equivalent
- Proficient with Constant Contact or similar service (Email, Surveys and Events)
- Have experience writing monthly newsletters
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent Computer Skills & Telephone speaking voice
- Must have great people skills and enjoy working with people of all ages and building lasting relationships
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Bilingual is a plus
Lifestyle Director Job Duties:
- Plan, organize and implement consistently successful resident events and activities
- Effectively create email & event marketing pieces with Constant Contact
- Build working relationships with residents and communicate with them about upcoming events and activities and ways to get involved.
- Update community website monthly with newsletter, event calendar, photo collages and financials
- Be able to effectively and professionally answer telephone calls and questions from residents, all levels of management, internal and external vendors
- Create and distribute weekly community updates-email blasts. (Neighborhood Happenings)
- Execute all events and activities, both on-site and off property.
- Be able to book events for private events in the Ballroom and help residents with finding vendors.
- Regularly check our social media site, email account and respond in a timely manne
- Manage community message boards with updated information and events.
- Manage events and activities budget
- Create and maintain relationships with external vendors for events.
- Manage monthly meetings with social committee.
- Manage and grow advertisement opportunities for newsletter.
- Develop and maintain a resident event volunteer program.
- Leads and/or oversees individual and group activities on a daily basis, encouraging resident participation.
- Document resident participation in group and/or individual social / recreational programs.
- Orders needed supplies (e.g., art and craft supplies, party supplies, etc.).
- Maintains the activity storage area in a neat, clean manner. Picks up supplies after each activity and returnsfurniture to its original position.
- Provides instructions and supplies for other employees, resident and/or volunteers to assist with group or
- Takes pictures of community events, parties and other special occasions.
- Makes arrangements for local groups or organizations to hold meetings, performances, and/or special events
at the community.
- Organizes outings into the local community to locations of interest to residents; ensure that sufficient staff and/or volunteers participate in the outings.
- Plans special “theme” days or months around holidays, seasons, or recognized days such as St. Patrick’s Day and Halloween.
- Pairs interested staff members with residents based on common interests to facilitate the implementation of resident’s interests.
« Return to Careers